Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Building my own puzzle for once

 I am here because my therapist sent me. Maybe. Well, kinda. I was told to start writing in a diary of some sort. I was told it would help me sort out what I wanted in life, how to find my true self. I figured I'd give it a chance. So here it goes, my online diary where I try to sort out the bits and pieces that somehow make the puzzle of me. 

I reckon no-one reads blogs these days anyway, seeing that we live in such a fast-paced society where only video, Instagram and short texts make the cut. Right? Most people want the quick fix when it comes to health and they want to easily digestible pieces of information where very little brain capacity have to be used to understand what's going on. Wow, that sounds so mean. But truthfully, isn't this what's happening right now? We don't have the time to sit down and read for a few minutes each day. Actually, we don't prioritize. All this makes it very unlikely that this blog is ever gonna read a bigger audience. I figured I might reach those that really need a little self-discovery, self-help, self-compassion and mindfulness in their life. Because honestly, that's probably what this blog will consist of for the most part. 

Honestly, this blog is for me. Writing is my creative outlet. Writing is my way of dealing with life, frustration, feelings, happiness, self-love and all the things. However, when my therapist told me to start writing a diary, I figured it might help someone else as well, so here we are. It's also a way for me to practice my English, something I only get to do occasionally when I meet my sister's husband our watch a YouTube-video. You see, I am a Swede, living in Sweden. For some reason writing in English seems like a good way for me to protect myself from those that have hurt me so badly back in the day. It will be even less likely that they find my diary if it's in English. 

This blog will be about me building my own puzzle, finding what pieces match where. At this moment I am focusing on getting my mental health in check. Who would've ever thought my mental health started with me visiting the gym daily? More on that in my next blog post. Welcome to my blog, I will see you in my next post :) 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment